Grant Program Information
Provide smaller, more flexible awards to assist with important projects or programs that will ultimately benefit the custom farming community and the ag community as a whole.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Awards range from $500-$5,000. Funding is available as soon as application is approved by the WCO Scholarship and Awards Committee. Funds are distributed as follows: 50% upon application approval and 50% upon receipt of final report.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but a deadline of April 1st will be promoted.
Final reports are due by Dec. 31 of the year following the award. Awardees may be required to present project at Forage Symposium or other alternative venue if unable to present at Symposium. Final reports and photos will be used as newsletter content.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Directly benefit the custom farming community
- Involve custom farmers or clients of custom farmers
- Involve post-secondary student research or organization opportunities
- Emphasize farm safety and health, leadership, teamwork, sustainability, innovation or community involvement
- University/technical college faculty, staff, students, student organizations
- Non-profit organization, with an IRS status of 501(c)(3) or (c)(5)
- Others as deemed appropriate by the WCO Scholarship and Awards Committee
|All grant applicants notified of grant award status. Applications received on a rolling basis will be notified approx. 30 days following submission.
|Upon grant approval
|As soon as grant is approved, 50% upfront payment will be paid out.
|Grant announcement news release sent from WCO to media.
|Dec. 31 (of following year)
|Final report due. Directions for final report are found on wiscustomoperators.org. Please send the form and supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Upon completion of final report
|Final payment will be paid out assuming all report information is complete.
By accepting this grant, we request that you help us increase awareness of the mission of WCO by doing the following where possible:
- Include the WCO logo and name when promoting the project funded by your grant
- Provide status reports, including testimonials, photos and other articles that help demonstrate impact to our stakeholders
- Include a logo and link to our website on your website(s)
- Extend the opportunity to attend your event and see the results when appropriate
- Follow WCO in your social media network. WCO will follow your social media pages. Please tag WCO when promoting the project funded by your grant
- Funding for student researchers or other staff as part of larger project
- Costs associated with hosting an event, research symposium, farmer meeting etc.
- Speaker travel, per diem, honorarium, continuing education or other expenses
- Incentive funds for farmers/custom farmers to try new practices
- Political or social organizations
- Artistic or religious programs
- Loans, start-up expenses or seed capital funding for private businesses
- Building projects
The WCO Scholarship and Awards Committee will evaluate proposals based on shareability, replicability, leadership, impact etc.
Wisconsin Custom Operators
PO Box 567
Deforest, WI 53532